Keila's Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Overall Summer School Reflection

This summer so far has been a great learning experience for me. I went in the classroom for the first two days and just sat there so that I could get used to the kids and classroom and to see if any of the kids would warm up to me. After the first day I was used to the classroom and after the second day I was used to the kids and some of them even warmed up to me. Asking them was I from here? and when I replied No, they were like Well then were are you from? DC. WHOA!!! What do you do there? I went to Howard University. What is that? It is a school like Jackson State, just MUCH better. Oh ok. And then I stopped the conversation there and focused it back onto math. As the summer weeks went on, I tried to implement a few of the things I want to do in the fall with my class with my summer class. Game day, board work and students coming up with their own examples of problems for the class to do. It was good to see where my strengths and weaknesses were. I feel as though the time I got to teach this summer was beneficial to my confidence in teaching for the school year. I wish I could have had more informal evaluations, but hey. I feel like this summer I learned a lot in Mrs. Monroe's class that I applied to my class and it made my transition from college to student teaching easier. I feel like I did a good job this summer, there are just a few things I still need to perfect and polish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home