Keila's Blog

Sunday, October 08, 2006

First Fight in my Class

On Wednesday, Oct 4 I had the first fight in my class of the year. I little light-skin curly hair boy named C.W. (who thinks he is a thug but looks really really boysish and young) got into a fight in the cafeteria. I heard him talking "stuff" the entire morning in the hallway and when he got into my class 4th period he turned to a student and said he was going to whip his cousin's tail. The funny thing is C.W. is only 5'6 and 120 pds and has a dimple when he smiles. Well we get to lunch and about 15 minutes into lunch I see him stand up and start yelling at the boy and the boy came toward him and they started fighting and the VP and our "school security guard" broke it up 5 minutes later. My students of course got up and some edged them on and many of the girls ran to get out of the way of harm. I got up and told my students to dump their tray and walk out to the hall and get in line. They did and of course I was just thinking fast and moving fast because I didn't know what to do. I got back to the classroom to calm them down and give them their nine-week exam. Later on that day I found out that C.W. ran away from the school after they VP let go of him and that he also has been to jail before and is on probation. I don't know what is going to happen with him, but he is probably getting the attention and "street credit" he wants. It is very sad and I am getting sick of the whol situation at my school this year.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home