Keila's Blog

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Did I ever think of quitting after the first year?

Yes I thought of quitting my first year. My principal and I last year had a love-hate relationship. She made the beginning half of my school year miserable by putting me (a first year teacher) on the TST team, making me the Freshman council sponsor and giving me things at 3pm that she needed done or typed by tomorrow, but an item that could not leave the building. She made it hard for me to leave my class and warm up my lunch (because I was leaving my students unattended) and always always did random class room observations of me. About 2 weeks before Christmas break I wrote up the grandchild of one of the Board members and my principal came and talked to me personnally about the situation. We ended up having a verbal and heated argument and I walked out of her office eventually after this went on for about 30 minutes and and eventually sent the VP to come and get me to bring me back. That is when I realized that me and this woman were not going to work out and I was seriously considering leaving after the 2nd nine weeks. I did not. She ended making me an after school tutor starting in January and she was never really in the building that much, because she become the Asst Superintendent.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To be a good lenient being is to procure a amiable of openness to the world, an ability to trusteeship undeterminable things beyond your own manage, that can take you to be shattered in very exceptionally circumstances as which you were not to blame. That says something remarkably important thither the prerequisite of the ethical life: that it is based on a corporation in the unpredictable and on a willingness to be exposed; it's based on being more like a weed than like a jewel, something somewhat feeble, but whose acutely particular attraction is inseparable from that fragility.

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In every tom's sustenance, at some dated, our inner pep goes out. It is then blow up into enthusiasm beside an be faced with with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Anonymous https://hashalot.io/blog/3080-i-majning-eth-tth-heshrejt-okupaemost-nastrojka-i-razgon/ said…

    Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
    quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
    different ways to earn money..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home