Keila's Blog

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Lesson Plans

I don't know if this is just an issue that I struggle with or not but I do not like do lesson plans. They just seem tedious and I feel like sometime they are a time wasted. A time wasted in the sense that they sometime take to long to do or I do not like really doing in the format that is given. At my school we have to do ours online and the computer program we use is very very detailed. Also you have those days when the lesson gets cut in half because of an emergency or the students are picking up on the topic very very slowly. So now you have to go back and change all these lesson plans that you spend hours on end working on to "become a better distributor of instruction" to your students. On the other hand, I do see why lesson plans are necessary. I have come up with a way of keeping up with what I do from day-to-day but writing it on my personal math calendar.

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home