Keila's Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

After School Tutor

This is my second week of doing math tutoring after school. The principal has hired a company to train five teachers at our school to have effective tutoring twice a week. The principal picked one math teacher, three science teachers and one English teacher to do the tutoring. We tutor twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays and we do planning on Mondays. I get paid $75 a day for three times a week. I enjoy the students I am tutoring and I enjoy teaching math. But yet again I have put ANOTHER ITEM on my plate with not enough plate (time) to hold it. I want to do everything I can and learn all that I can while I am down here, but I need to learn how to manage my time better. There is a bus that takes the students home at 4:30 pm after school. Yesterday I rode the bus to see where some of my students live. It is what I expected. The farthest town, which is called Crenshaw, was a 30 minute drive and those students did not end up getting home until 6:05 pm. The bus driver and I got back to the high school around 6:35 pm.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home