Keila's Blog

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Exciting School Activities

1) Prom was last night and I decided to be a chaperone for it. I wore the dress I wore to my last ball at Howard and all the students there loved it. It was very excciting to see the students dressed up and just excited to be ending one phase in their life and starting another phase soon. I don't teach upperclassmen and so they only ones that I knew there were the ones that speak to me in the hallway randomly. The prom was in Oxford and it was an outdoor venue.

2) There is going to be Awards Day in two weeks and the Activities coordinator is asking that all teachers give awards to their students. I am thinking about giving a high average award Gold, Silver and Bronze and then a Most Improved Award and then a Hardest Working Award.

3) Due to Katrina and us missing one day of school the students end school on May 26th and we have to go back to school for one more day...the Tuesday after Memorial Day. AHHHH....I was planning on taking a vacation from the Friday we get out until the night before we have to be back in class. Look like I have to spend another holiday in SLOOOOWWWW Mississippi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home